Art Of Pain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Art Of Pain, a forum for all JRock lovers!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

official KYO thread 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kira~
Admin
kira~

Female
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-04-27

official KYO thread 1 Empty
PostSubject: official KYO thread 1   official KYO thread 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:54 pm

dont ask me anything >.<

(京, Kyō?, born on February 16, 1976 in Kyoto) is a Japanese musician and the lead vocalist and lyricist of Dir en grey. He has been with the band since its inception in 1997 and was previously the frontman of La:Sadie's.[citation needed]

While he has only composed a handful of Dir en grey's songs (for example, "The Domestic Fucker Family" and "Hades"), Kyo is responsible for all the lyrics, which usually have negative implications and touch on a variety of dark, sometimes taboo, subjects, such as sexual obsessions ("Zomboid"), abuse ("Berry"), and mass media ("Mr. Newsman"). Several songs deal with specifically Japanese issues, such as the country's casual attitude towards abortion ("Mazohyst of Decadence" and "Obscure") and its conformity-oriented society ("Children").

The vocabulary used ranges from vulgar to exalted, with wordplay and double entendres occurring frequently, often connected to the multiple meanings of certain kanji characters. For example, the title of the song "Tsumi to Batsu" (which is about rape) reads as "Crime and Punishment" but when the kanji are turned backwards the title reads "Mitsu to Tsuba" which means "Honey and Saliva." [1]

His stage presence has reached a level of infamy, as it is not only very energetic and emotional, but also littered with shock elements such as full-body makeup resembling heavy burns, fake vomit of varying color and consistency, and various acts of self-mutilation. However, the authenticity of the latter is not always clear, given how frequent certain practices occur, sometimes firmly in place within a tour's usual setlist. For example, Kyo would regularly engage in fish-hooking during the performance of "Kodoku ni Shisu, Yueni Kodoku." throughout the It Withers and Withers and Inward Scream tours.[2] Throughout his career, Kyo has been hospitalized multiple times, once in 2000, due to hearing problems (remaining partially deaf in his left ear[citation needed] and again in 2006 with inflamed vocal chords.[3]

[edit] Bibliography

Kyo has released two volumes of poetry, published through Media Factory. Both books are accompanied by short bonus CDs, containing the only solo music he has released as of 2008.

Release Title
August 31, 2001 Jigyaku, Rensou Furan Shinema (自虐、歛葬腐乱シネマ)
Bonus CD: Daisanteikoku Gakudan (第三帝国楽団)
December 3, 2004 Zenryaku, Ogenki Desu ka? Saihate no Chi Yori Namonaki Kimi ni Ai wo Komete... (前略、お元気ですか。最果ての地より名も無き君に愛をこめて・・・)
Bonus CD: Furan Shinema Teikoku Gakudan (腐乱シネマ帝國楽団)

credits to wikipedia <333

official KYO thread 1 Kyodeformed
Back to top Go down
https://art-of-pain.forumotion.com
kira~
Admin
kira~

Female

PostSubject: Re: official KYO thread 1   official KYO thread 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:21 pm

official KYO thread 1 029
Back to top Go down
Katja
Mosher
Mosher
Katja

Female
Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: official KYO thread 1   official KYO thread 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:34 pm

official KYO thread 1 Kyo

official KYO thread 1 01b7b9ed
Back to top Go down
http://thegazettesekai.motion-forum.net/
kira~
Admin
kira~

Female

PostSubject: Re: official KYO thread 1   official KYO thread 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 am

2 pic o_o
Anyway,has any of you read Kyo's poem?
I hazs loads of dem XD i can post if you want?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official KYO thread 1   official KYO thread 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

official KYO thread 1
Page 1 of 1