Art Of Pain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Art Of Pain, a forum for all JRock lovers!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

D'espairs Ray - band

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katja
Mosher
Mosher
Katja

Female
Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-04-27

D'espairs Ray - band Empty
PostSubject: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:33 pm

D'espairsRay is a Japanese rock band formed in 1999 by Hizumi, Karyu, Zero and Tsukasa. The lineup has since remained the same and as of February 2008, the group has released several singles and EPs, as well as a two full-length records. Besides Japan, D'espairsRay have also toured Europe and North America in recent years, along with domestic releases in these territories. They performed at the Wacken Open Air festival in 2006, and a second album, titled Mirror was released on April 11, 2007. Their most recent appearance in the USA was during Jrock Revolution 2007 held on Memorial Weekend in Los Angeles, California.

Recently, D'espairsRay announced on their website that they will perform in America again for the Taste of Chaos tour from February to May.

History

1999-2001: Early career

D'espairsRay was formed on September 9, 1999, by Hizumi, Karyu, Zero and Tsukasa. They started out as part of the indies visual kei movement, and released their first demotape, [ao] in December of that year.
2000 began with the release of two more demotapes, and during the rest of the year they gained popularity, eventually leading to the release of their first maxi-single in October: Kumo. With only 1000 copies pressed, the cd sold out in no-time.
In April of 2001, they released their second maxi-single, Genwaku, along with a second press of their first maxi-single. Because Genwaku had sold out through web-ordering, a second press was released the same day as the first press release.
This was followed by the release of their first EP, Terrors, in July. Their popularity rose after the release of this album and they started to move out of the local scene.

2002-2004: The road to success

Following the success of their previous releases, D'espairsRay wanted to give their fans an insider's look into their music - So they released their final demotape, Ura Mania Theatre, which was sold at several stores only. After this they released their second EP, Sexual Beast in June 2002, along with a second press of their first EP. Once again the cd had sold out, so another 2000 copies of their second EP were pressed in July.
At the end of 2002, they released another single, titled Ori no Naka de Miru Yume, which came in two editions: A regular edition and a special edition with a bonus track by their alter-ego band "Animalmania", which was only available through web-ordering. In January of 2003, they gave out a "secret cd" titled Itanji, with an unnamed song, to the people who attended to one of their lives. The song would later be renamed Maverick, which was also their next maxi-single, released in February. The cd was reissued in March because of high sales. At the end of 2003, yet another maxi-single was released, called Garnet.
In April of 2004, the band released their third EP, Born. It featured a DVD with the video for the song Garnet. In July, a second press of the album was released, but without the DVD.
Two months later, they released another maxi-single, called Gemini. A limited edition of the cd came with a DVD with the video for the song Born.
In 2004 they also played outside of Japan for the first time, in Berlin and Paris. All of this made them known throughout Japan and gained them some international fans. Footage for their first live DVD was also shot at the end of 2004.

2005-present: Going international

2005 began with the release of their first live DVD, Murder Day Live. A video for the song Reddish -diva version- was included as a bonus.
Soon after, they released their first full-length album: Coll:set. This was the breakthrough they had been working for all along. It contained two previously released songs, Fuyuu Shita Risou and Garnet, which were not on the initial limited edition of the album. Their maxi-single Garnet was reissued for promotion of their album later that year.
In 2006, they went international with the European release of Coll:set in January. 2006 also marked the start of their international career, as they began touring in Europe and the United States afterwards.
A documentary-DVD was released in March, with the title World Outside the Cage(as a referrence to their song "[The World in a Cage]"), with footage from their last tour. Soon after that, they released another single, Kogoeru Yoru ni Saita Hana, which came in an A and B types. At the end of 2006, they released their second live DVD: Liquidize, which would also be released in Europe in 2007.
2007 began with the release of their latest maxi-single, Squall, in March. One month later, they released their second full-length album, Mirror, which was also released in Europe in June.
2007 ended with the release of yet another live DVD, Spiral Staircase #15, with footage from their latest tour. The DVD was also released in Europe in January of 2008.

In 2008, D'espairsRay is participating in the Taste of Chaos 2008 tour, along with fellow-visual band Mucc. Their album Mirror will also be released in the USA, and they have also revealed that a new single will be released on May 28.

Lineup

* Hizumi – vocals
* Karyu – guitar
* Zero – bass guitar
* Tsukasa – drums
Back to top Go down
http://thegazettesekai.motion-forum.net/
kira~
Admin
kira~

Female
Number of posts : 666

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Recently, D'espairsRay announced on their website that they will perform in America again for the Taste of Chaos tour from February to May.

all they do is america.....
I hate them for that.Like we are invisible or what?
Back to top Go down
https://art-of-pain.forumotion.com
Katja
Mosher
Mosher
Katja

Female

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:59 am

Yeah, I know >:/
Back to top Go down
kira~
Admin
kira~

Female

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Theyre so unfair....
Back to top Go down
Katja
Mosher
Mosher
Katja

Female

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Why don't they perform in Europe?
Back to top Go down
kira~
Admin
kira~

Female

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Because theyre bastards,they only perform in germany.
anyway!what are your fav.songs by them?
Back to top Go down
Katja
Mosher
Mosher
Katja

Female

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 3:19 pm

My fav songs are [Fuyuu Shita Risou and Hollow], yours?
Back to top Go down
kira~
Admin
kira~

Female

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 4:10 pm

xD i think ive already wrote that...xDD or no.
BORN,garnet,Hai to Ame....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D'espairs Ray - band   D'espairs Ray - band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D'espairs Ray - band
Page 1 of 1